Defensive Shotgun 1
Defensive Shotgun 1 prepares you to use semi-auto or pump actions shotgun systems short for personal self-defense applications. The class stress close-quarter and midrange applications for home and street situations.
Learn from licensed, active duty Police Firearms Instructors. Class is limited to 10 students with two instructors to insure you get the attention and coaching you deserve. We prefer quality over quantity.
- Sighting / Zeroing of Weapons
- Combat Marksmanship
- Hard sight and Optics Techniques
- Use of slings
- Tactical and Combat Reloading
- Transition to Pistol
- Close-quarter techniques
- Cover and concealment shooting
- Reloading techniques combat / tactical
- SEMI AUTOMATIC or pump shotgun 18 to 20” barrel perferred 12 or 20 gauge.
- Dot & halo type site systems are permitted (close quarter type)
- 300 ROUNDS OF bird shot AMMUNITION (More is better)
- FYI – if using a semi auto shotgun some lighter loads will not cycle the weapon. if you are going to use a semiauto it is advised you use a heavier load (6 shot or high brass or 3” if chambered for 3”).
- 50 rounds of 00 to #4 buck
- 25 rifled slugs if you have a smooth bore
- 25 sabots if you have a rifled barrel.
- Tac type sling
- HOLSTER - Must be hip holster / Inside the pant is ok if it is a hard / firm holster
- HANDGUN W/ 100 ROUNDS OF AMMO W/ STRONG SIDE HIP HOLSTER
- EYE & hearing protection (loaners available)
- CLOTHING SUITABLE FOR WEATHER CONDITIONS
- HAT AND SUNGLASSES
- SUN BLOCK
- Camp / folding type chair recommended for range.